Check out Bob's Favorite Video!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Visitors from the North

We had visitors for the 4th of July this year, Mike and Sandee and kids. We got to spend a couple of days enjoying Alabama Adventures and the beach at Lake Guntersville State Park. It was really cool having a weekend to just chill out and spend time with family. It has still been pretty hot down here so we have been to the pool a couple of times. Mostly we just hang out at home in the a/c. I have bid several jobs but have not heard back on any of them yet. I could use some prayer for that. Sandra and the kids have been doing well. The kids started a new Wednesday group at church. They get to do some worship and lesson, and they play some "messy games" to wrap it up. They are looking forward to coming back to Michigan at the end of the month. Their cousins are excited to see them again. I met another contractor from Michigan today at the laundry mat. he just moved here 6 weeks ago. It was cool to just talk about work and what's been happening in our industry. He has already started to build a house so I gave him some business cards and maybe I'll get some work through him. It just takes time to really get a word-of-mouth business going. It's really about marketing yourself to as many people as you can to try to generate those phone calls. Here's some pics.

Chillin' in the pool!





Messy games at church



Life group cookout with a little Cornhole!



0 comments: