Where do I begin? This has been one crazy and unpredictable couple of months. It all started with the week before Labor Day. I was just coming up to Michigan to pick up my wife and kids. School was about to begin and Sandra was anxious to set up her school house. Of course, I didn't bring my computer with me because I didn't plan to stay long. I must have sat around with Cody in Alabama for two weeks with no work to do. I passed out some cards and tried to make some things happen, but nothing did. I came back the week before Labor Day so Cody could get his cast removed and our plan was to go back after Labor Day. As it turns out, Aaron sold a roof and I stayed to help work on it with him. Then, as I prepared to leave once again, Jeremy called with two more roofs that I bid for him 8 months ago and both of them just happened to call while I was here and available for work. Then a friend of a friend called me and needed a roof on his son's and his daughter's house. I sold both of them and on top of that I did the neighbor's house. Besides that, I have been busy with some small jobs that Jeremy has sold. Now just today another friend called today and wants me to do a roof that he sold and doesn't have time to do. CRAZY!! God has really blessed me with a lot of work recently. Why here? I don't know, but who am I to question God's plan for me and my family. He has never failed me when I needed Him the most. I know that He has plans for us in Bama. I am anxious to go back home, but work is work and I never turn down an opportunity to earn some money. After all, if your going to ask God for work, then you have to take it when He gives it to you. It's been in the 40's here and in the 70's in Bama. Unfortunately, I only brought shorts and tee-shirts to wear. Sandra and the kids have started school. We did make one trip back down to get some things and check on our home. Cody and I set up our tree stand and set out some deer attractant. Today is opening day for bow season. We are both sick with buck fever and can't wait to put in some serious time in the woods. I don't have too many pics to put up because I didn't have my camera over the past month and wasn't able to take any.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment