First we unload the lumber. We dug the holes on Saturday and put the poles in on Sunday.
We put the skirt boards on first and then the bracing and headers.
I hired two guys to help me and Sandra put the trusses up. These things were a beast to handle. It took six hours to get 9 trusses up and braced. They are 40 foot long and must weigh a ton. It took 3 guys to carry them and set on top of the walls.
Our kids decorated a "Christmas tree"!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Time to Build the Pole Barn
Posted by Robert & Sandra at 7:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Those trusses for sure, look like big beasts! Hard work is paying off. Looking good!
Kids! your Christmas tree! I see the wood block on top , but if it reads something (I can't read it) Hope you guys had fun making it! Very Cute!
Post a Comment