Check out Bob's Favorite Video!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Update

I wasn't sure what to title this post since I really haven't made any progress up here on the mountain. That's not to say that we haven't been busy. Sandra is still teaching the kids everyday and I did get a roof job last week. I have been out around town trying to find some new work. I gave a few bids but haven't heard back yet.
We got a letter from my neighbor's lawyer the week we returned informing us that we did not have the right to run utilities from the road up the easement. So I had to hire a lawyer to see if we can settle this little dispute. I'm not sure what her problem with us is, but she seems to have a thing for us. My driveway is only a legal easement across her property for entering and leaving our property. When it was originally written it should have included utilities, but someone made a mistake. We may have to go to court to ask a judge to grant us permission to install utilities. In the meantime, we are checking into other possibilities.
We are supposed to get some more rain tonight into tomorrow. The temps have been great the last two weeks. It's been between 45 and 65 degrees during the day. We also started a new life group last week. We are looking forward to getting to know some new people from church. Many of them workout at the same gym that I do and I get to see them on a daily basis.
I did finish the roof on my pole barn and now I have to finish installing some windows and the door, then I will start on the siding. I hate starting any work on it when I don't get more than a couple of hours at a time to do anything. When I do have a day or two, the weather doesn't cooperate, like today and tomorrow! Sandra is telling me that the television has to go off now so she can get started on school. I have to go into town and get some more propane, hit the gym, rent some movies, stay out of Sandra's hair for a while.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I hope the weather cooperates with you guys soon! The last statement you need to get out of Sandra's hair, so she can teach!
I can relate to that, that's why
your Dad has a garage! Ha! Ha!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you better get out of her hair before she takes a broom to ya'll! Hope all this stuff about the utilities works out, son.

Love, Dad & grandma