Check out Bob's Favorite Video!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hangin' With The Family

Praise God! What a glorious day, and not just because the weather is awesome here in Bama, but because He never fails to continue to bless us everyday in so many ways. I signed another contract to do a roof today and I am starting another one next week. I am, for the most part, done with the church painting. I still could probably fill another week of touch up and some other minor things they want me to do. A month ago I was at the gym with no work at all and I had bid other work but did not get it. I was a little bummed because I really needed the work. I believe God had this church job planned for me. It really gave me a chance to bond with the staff at the church. I really feel God has big plans for me and my family here at Lifepoint. It's amazing what God can do in your life if you just let go of the wheel and stop trying to steer your life in the way that YOU want it to go, and just let God implement His plan for your life. Sandra and I are going to start leading a small group in the next couple weeks. We would really like to lead a marriage group similar to the one we were in at Metro. Our church only has sermon based small groups right now and I would like to add some special interest groups. The greatest part in all of this is that I have an employee that has started coming to church and is going to host the small group that Sandra and I will be leading. His name is Kyle and his wife is Sheena. They have three kids. He came to man camp with me and I think it really stirred some things in his heart. Pray for Kyle and his family for me. So many people start going but end up leaving the church because we done keep them involved and invest in them. The amazing part is the perfect timing and will of God. When you look back at why things happen the way they do you can see God's work.
Sandra is brushing the Carrie's hair right now and we are getting ready to go check out the local library. Later we are going to the mall with our small group to see Clash of the Titans. It's really our first "get together" outside of a church function. I will post a video from the Easter egg hunt later.

Here we are Easter Sunday at church.


2 comments:

Susan said...

I love you guys. Looks like you all are doing very well. Congrats on the work and the Church Group.

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Love,
Susan aka (Aunt Susan)

Jean said...

Congrat's on leading a marriage group! That's great news! Your both following God's work!
I hope that jobs keep coming your way Bob! Wishing you all the best at Lifepoint.