Check out Bob's Favorite Video!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Holy Crap!

Wow, I had my first encounter with a timber rattlesnake today. My friend Randall came down with me this week to work and while driving up the road I noticed something slithering in the grass. My neighbor James said that he has lived here for over two years and only saw one. I've only been working down here for two months and already saw one! How did I get so lucky? It was actually pretty cool. I was a bit mesmerized by this snake since it was about three feet long and over two inches in diameter. In Michigan I've only seen garter snakes and maybe 18" long at the most. The closest I've come to a venomous snake was at the zoo and there was a piece of half inch glass between us. I was reluctant to write about this in the blog or even mention this to my wife who is not real keen on anything that flies or crawls let alone snakes. I know this may make her a little uneasy but after doing some research on them they seem to be a very mild tempered species of rattlesnake, which would explain why it didn't seem to mind us watching him move across the road.

Well that's about the most exciting thing that's happened so far. We are going to be here a couple of weeks clearing trees and making a road through the property. The weather has been perfect. Sunny and in the 80's.





Sunrise from the camper



Randall cutting trees

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob snakes bit we walk all over and seen not one thing.You and Randall have fun becarefull.


Mike