It's been an interesting week filled with many ups and downs. I'm sitting here at McD's while we have another tornado warning in effect. I have been blessed with 3 roof jobs already in just over a week. Unfortunately we've had rain, a lot of rain, all but 2 days. Yesterday I started my very first job here and managed to finish the house and I was supposed to do the garage this morning but the thunderstorms started about 4 am and have not quit yet. Besides the rain, I made a clerical error when measuring the roof and realized yesterday that I am short. That's contracting, sometimes your up, sometimes your down. I was a little bummed to learn I just took a big hit in the pocketbook. I didn't go in the red on this one, but I will survive and move on. If there's one thing I've learned in this business is to take your licks and move forward. Dwelling on your mistakes never does any good. The day didn't end too badly, I got another call in the afternoon to go ahead with a roof I bid 10 days ago. So it's two steps forward, one step back. But hey, at least were moving in the right direction. I'll post some pics of us at the job in the next couple of days.
Me and Randall, this was taken on one of the two nice days.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Rain, Rain, Go Away...
Posted by Robert & Sandra at 12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
hey just found the comment spot lol. sooooo everything looks good.Is Sandra the water girl when she's there.I know she didn't fill any holes.Thats ur job.Bye.
Post a Comment