Yes, summertime is here in Alabama. We have had numerous thunderstorms and the temps have been consistently between 85 and 95 degrees. We are supposed to be 97 degrees tomorrow. I love the heat. One of the things I disliked about Michigan was the cold. It's too cold for too long. The folks down here love their A/C. It's seems like everywhere I go it's freezing inside. Here at McD's I think they keep it at 65 degrees it here! It's been almost a month since my last post. I will have mobile Internet access in a couple weeks and I should be able to post more often. I have been really busy with work. It's been very exciting to see God continue to bless me with open doors. I have been working almost everyday and don't usually get back home until after dark. I try to make time for the gym and write new post when I can. There hasn't been much progress on the property because I have been working so much. I did get started on a culvert. I have a couple of jobs to finish and then I'm going to take a week and work on clearing the rest of the trees along the road. I am going to rent some equipment to do it and this should help make for quicker progress. I will be back in Michigan for the weekend of June 26-29 to see my family. You know, I have to admit I was nervous about making such a big change in life and having to deal with fetching water, using a generator for power, living in a camper, ect., but the hardest part by far has been not having my wife and kids with me. I can't wait until they come down to stay. I ordered trusses for a pole barn and hopefully in about a month I should have things ready for them.
Here are some pics from the last month. My cousins Mike and Chris came down to work for a week during their layoff (Ford).
Here are some pics of some cool or funny things I saw.
A couple of the roofs we did. We built this back porch covering and installed steel roofing on the entire house.
Finished this one yesterday.
Chris, Mike, Me, Randall, taken right after a breakfast buffet at Shoney's!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Summer is Here!
Posted by Robert & Sandra at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment