I finally upgraded my cell phone this week to a Blackberry and I now have mobile Internet. This thing is so cool. I'm able to access the net now anytime, anywhere. I tried twice this week to blog at McD's and both times there was something wrong with their connection and I couldn't log on. It stinks when I purposely make time to go blog and I can't get access. Not anymore. I was separated from my wife and kids this year on Father's Day. That was difficult. I spent the following weekend with them instead. I already had plans for that weekend to return to Michigan for a graduation party. Sunday I took my wife and kids to Cedar Point. It was a blast! It was really cool now that they are older and will ride almost all of the rides with me. The biggest surprise was Becca, my youngest. She rode every coaster with me. She was so excited to spend the day with me. The look on her face when we were just about to go over the big drop was priceless. She would scream "Were gonna die!" as we rode and as soon as the ride ended she would say "Let's do it again!". It was great. I was just happy to have some time with them.
Work has been good. I'm staying busy and at the same time trying to continue to work on building. I cut down about a half acre of trees so far where I'm going to build a pole barn. I got a great deal on some used trusses from a chicken house that was being taken down. I spent a third of what it would have cost me. They delivered them 10 days ago. I'm going to build a 40 foot by 70 foot barn. I still have a lot of trees to clear and brush to chip. I'm renting a backhoe in 2 weeks to clear the road and pull all the stumps. My beautiful wife is coming down to lend me a hand. I'm sure this will be a great bonding experience. I'm really looking forward to it.
Click on the pictures to see a larger image.
40 foot wide scissor trusses.
Beautiful butterfly.
Trees down.
This is a pic of the "driveway"
that will someday soon lead to my cabin.
This is a picture of what we are going
to build with some minor changes.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Goin' Mobile!
Posted by Robert & Sandra at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment