We got a small taste of spring the last week. It was 50 degrees today and they say we are still 15 degrees below average. After seeing the weather over the last 3 weeks up north, I'll take 50 and sunny any day of the week. Too bad for y'all in Michigan! We spent today outside enjoying the sun. The kids decided to rake my quad trail. Cody has been riding the dirt bike on it but there are large rocks and many limbs to watch for. I did get to bid on another job this week and I am going to bid on painting the inside of our church this week. So far I haven't had any calls to actually do the work. I believe work and the economy will be much better this year. Here are some pictures from today.
Here's I am with Becca riding on the quad.
Cody and Carrie raking the trail. They spent hours out there. I don't think they know just how big 85 acres is until you have to rake it!
A campfire sure makes all the difference. There is just something fun about having a campfire. Carrie was really excited about the fire, she said it was like camping only we owned the entire campground. The kids hauled firewood for a few hours over the past 2 days while Sandra burned it.
I introduced Cody to an axe. He got a good workout chopping a couple of logs into smaller logs. After a while I broke out the chainsaw to show him how to work smarter not harder. Of course, maybe this is why so many people are overweight these days! Makes you wonder...is it really smarter?!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Playin' in the outdoors
Posted by Robert & Sandra at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very Good! Your all going to be
strong people doing all that work!
The trail is looking nice! Hope for warm weather and jobs for Bob!
Love you all!
Hello everyone! Boy, you kids are sure getting the exercise on the mountain top, huh!
Spring is just around the corner here, but the 50's are probably a few weeks away yet. The camp fire is very nice, are you using it to roast hot dogs, rabbit, or squirrel meat? ha...
Thanks for the birthday video that you sent, it was very nice!
Wish we were there with you!
love, Dad & Barb
Post a Comment